Hello,
I am making this request on behalf of Stéfanie Wagner (Toulouse, France) who is looking for uncarbonised ancient deciduous oak wood (wet or dry), dated between the 16th and 20th centuries AD, from across its European distribution range, for an ancient DNA study.
The objectives are to optimize biomolecular methods allowing to access to DNA preserved in the wood from the last centuries and to better understand wood as a DNA source and archive. In the broader sense the study aims to provide a technical baseline for interdisciplinary studies  on the impact of environemntal changes on Europeaen forest leveraging genomic, paleogenomic, dendroecological and dendroarcheological data.
For this research, cross sections with heartwood and sapwood are required.
Preferably, sampling of the material would be scheduled until approximately April 2021.

Please, answer directly to Stéfanie Wagner (not to me!) :

Contact : [log in to unmask]
INRAE Division ECODIV - Ecology and Biodiversity of Forest, Grassland and Freshwater Ecosystems

Laboratoire AMIS
UMR 5288 - Université Paul Sabatier/CNRS
37, Allées Jules Guesde
31000 Toulouse, France
phone: +33 7 69 47 03 40
http://paleoplant.net/
https://www.amis.cnrs.fr/?AMIS-205

Lucie Chabal
Chargée de Recherche Hors Classe, CNRS
Institut des Sciences de l'Évolution de Montpellier
UMR 5554 CNRS - UM - IRD - EPHE – INRAP
Département Paléoenvironnements
Equipe Dynamique de la Biodiversité, Anthropo-Ecologie
UM Bâtiment 21, 3eme étage
Adresse :
Institut des Sciences de l'Évolution de Montpellier
Université de Montpellier
Place Eugène Bataillon
CC 065
34095 Montpellier Cedex 5
Tel professionnel : +33 (0)4 67 14 42 49
Tel perso : +33 (0)6 52 33 17 96
Email : [log in to unmask]
Web : http://www.isem.univ-montp2.fr/recherche/equipes/dynamique-de-la-biodiversite-anthropoecologie/personnel/chabal-lucie/

To unsubscribe from the ARCHAEOBOTANY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ARCHAEOBOTANY&A=1