The IRMS is delighted to announce the creation of a Customer Advisory Board (CAB) with Microsoft. This new board will provide the records management community with a direct relationship with the Microsoft 365 development and leadership teams, allowing us to influence the future direction of the platform's capabilities. We expect that this advisory board will give us the opportunity to immediately address the issues we have identified and continuously improve Microsoft 365's retention, security and compliance capabilities over the next few years.

The formation of the advisory board has come as a direct result of the IRMS's successful Roundtable on Records Management initiative, which has seen us bring together many of the world's national archives and regulatory bodies with some of the leading experts in records and information management, and security and compliance in Microsoft 365. A number of issues were raised at the roundtable, and it was agreed that Microsoft 365 continues to have records management issues which affect compliance with regard to:
●	record disposition and deletion,
●	long-term preservation, and
●	record metadata.
Currently, many organisations must rely on workarounds, customisations and third-party add-ins that extend Microsoft 365’s capabilities in order to address those issues, but Microsoft has expressed a keen interest in working collaboratively to identify what developments they have that could provide a solution to this challenge.

Selected delegates and IRMS officers will be joined by representatives of multiple national archives / regulatory authorities on the advisory board, including:
●	The National Archives (UK)
●	The National Archives and Records Administration (US)
●	Library and Archives Canada
●	National Records of Scotland
●	Norwegian National Archives
●	Public Record Office, Victoria
●	State Records of South Australia
●	National Archives of New Zealand
●	National Archives of Finland
●	National Archives of Denmark
●	National Archives of Spain
●	National Archives of Switzerland
●	National Archives of Sweden
●	The EU Commission

"We are delighted to see the rapid evolution of this exciting programme and be able to advocate on behalf of our membership, so many of whom are Microsoft 365 users." Reynold Leming, Chair

Our aim is to work to ensure that Microsoft 365 sees tangibly improved records and information management capabilities as a direct result of this advisory relationship. Over the coming months we will be surveying our members to establish precisely which Microsoft 365 capabilities they would most like to see improved, so that we can champion these with Microsoft on your behalf.

If you are not already an IRMS member, why not consider joining us today?