ither the emails were deleted or they were archived on a drive or server to which the government and public have no access.

According to the province’s top IT staff members, these are the two reasons that two years of internal emails from a government employee involved with the e-gaming file could not be found.

The emails in question are those of Brad Mix, a former employee of Tourism P.E.I. who was involved in the e-gaming initiative. A report from the province’s information and privacy commissioner found that the deletion of Mix’s emails constituted a contravention of the province’s Archives and Records Act. The emails were the subject of a Freedom of Information request and related to a time period between 2010 and 2012.

https://bit.ly/2RFoxvo
https://bit.ly/2RFoxvo+

--
Peterk