I've just been listening to Francesca Happe talking about autism in "A Life Scientific" and found it fascinating.

She mentioned somebody who wanted her weight "to be a prime number". This set me thinking - what weights are prime in both pounds AND kilograms?

So I set to work on Excel, with Primes in the first column and multiplying factors (e.g. 2.3) along the top. In each cell of the array I now have the rounded value ROUND(PRIME*2.3, 0) and I can see that some are prime.

Now I want to colour red all cells holding primes. How to do this? Are there any Excel experts out there please? (I have tried using the COUNTIF function with conditional formatting, but have not succeeded.)

Thanks for any comments or advice.

JOHN BIBBY

PS: I have searched for information about the person  who wanted her weight "to be a prime number", but found nothing. Does he/she really exist? Even if not, I thoroughly recommend the programme - on Radio 4 tonight at 9.30 and on BBC Sounds.

PPS: You may be pleased to know what not many other people know - that 71kg is the heaviest weight under 100kg that is prime in both kilogrammes AND in pounds (if my Excel is correct). And the next one down is 17.

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************