---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: RSS Glasgow Local Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 08:51
Subject: RSS Glasgow: Statistics for the Public Good
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,
The next event of the Glasgow local group of the Royal Statistical Society will be on Friday the 9th of October at 2pm. Hopefully, you will be able to join us online via Zoom.
See details below for the event:

Title: Statistics for the Public Good
Date/Time: 9th October 2pm
Speaker: Professor Sir Ian Diamond
Registration: Please register via the RSS webpage: https://rss.org.uk/training-events/events/events-2020/local-groups-meetings/statistics-for-the-public-good/#eventoverview
Abstract:
The COVID-19 pandemic has reinvigorated the necessity for data driven decision making. At the same time, it has called for greater innovation and collaboration in order to provide timely insights into complex, multidisciplinary issues. This presentation shall focus on how the Government Statistical Service (GSS) has had to adapt at pace in order to understand, mitigate and monitor the impact of COVID-19 on society and the economy. As well as this, the presentation will explore how the opportunities that have presented themselves over the course of the pandemic can be built upon through the launch of the new GSS strategy, Statistics for the Public Good, which will govern all that we do for the next five years and beyond.

Best wishes,
RSS Glasgow Local Group committee

SIGNOFF allstat

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************