Hi all,

To date 40 of you have done the little survey about contents and formats of the Poriferology Ancestors’ Gallery.

Of these 40 people by far most want historical people in the database.

60% would like to include living people, not quite 40% voted against.

About 70% want the database to represent experienced, deeply involved spongiologists that have made significant contributions, rather than more or less everyone who has ever touched on sponge science (comments also implied that direct involvement with sponges should count more than e.g. extracting sponges for chemistry or microbiology).

So far the 4 favourites for a possible name are (in this sequence): WRoSS, PoRe, SpongeBios and SPICa.

I thank everyone who has already contributed. The comments are particularly helpful.

Still, if possible I would like to encourage more people to contribute their opinion, as 40 votes are fewer than 10% of people listed in the Who is Who, so this may not yet be super representative for what we want as a community. Here is the weblink again:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P7Z8YCM

Cheers and thanks again, Christine

Dr. Christine Schönberg

Oceans Institute @ The University of Western Australia

and

Marine Invertebrate Zoology @ Western Australian Museum

Ph +61-8-6110 7157

To unsubscribe from the PORIFERA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=PORIFERA&A=1