Hi all,

I would like to stop the Ancestors’ Gallery survey now. Not only because there are enough answers (126 – thanks!!), but also because I naively fell prey to a predatory “free” internet service and may be unable to use most responses. It was not shown when visiting the site or starting the survey, but free responses are limited to 40, and the 86 extra ones would come at a hefty fee that I cannot presently afford. Except for 1 case fees are deceptively displayed as a monthly fee (when you find their packages), but billed for an entire annual license – which is then automatically renewed if you don’t cancel, and apparently even sometimes if you cancel. By now I have found all sorts of awful feedback and reviews about SurveyMonkey in the Internet, specifically concerning their billing practices. I contacted their support and asked for a once-off bill, but I doubt they will allow that. It seems that the very minimum would be 99 AUD for a single-month license.

Please do not use SurveyMonkey if you expect more than 40 answers or carefully read their conditions!!

So: This survey was a total mess… What can I say, I apologize for wasting your time. I will not pay 99 AUD for this.

While I am waiting for the response from their support, can a few of you indicate whether you would be willing to redo the same survey, either through a different provider or by sending answers straight to me? I am particularly interested in your comments/suggestions.

Cheers, Christine

To unsubscribe from the PORIFERA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=PORIFERA&A=1