Apologies for cross-posting

CILIP Conference has long been the place to discuss big ideas, very often from well-established speakers and thought-leaders.

For 2020, we are handing the reigns to the new voices of the profession. CILIP Conference is looking for 6 speakers to each give a lightning talk around the theme of “Supporting the profession” at the session “New Voices, Big Ideas” on 19 November. Chosen speakers will be given a platform to speak for 5 minutes. The discussions that follow may sow the seeds for a new project or collaboration.

We're keen to hear from people who have never spoken at a conference before, and who have great ideas and suggestions for projects or advocacy that they would like to see carried forward. We are looking for a representative group of speakers bringing a broad variety of perspectives and experience to these lightning talks. All the speakers at the session will receive a full delegate place for 19 November.

To apply to speak at the conference, send an email with the subject heading “Lightning Talks application” to [log in to unmask] and give a brief introduction of yourself, along with a summary of what you would like to speak about and why. Your application can be in writing, or as a video. Remember to give your name, job title, organisation and contact details. Send your entries by 2 October.

You can find out more about the conference, its programme and keynote speakers - https://pheedloop.com/cilipconf20/site/home/

Rachel Kudlick

Events Manager

CILIP