8.1.png

Intellect is pleased to announce that Journal of New Zealand & Pacific Studies 8.1 is now available!

Special Issue: ‘Photography in the Pacific Part 1’

For more information about the special issue and journal, click here >> https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-new-zealand-pacific-studies

Aims & Scope

The Journal of New Zealand & Pacific Studies is a trans-disciplinary publication focusing on the range of issues and subjects which are relevant to New Zealand and Pacific studies, with a priority for the latter given to Polynesia and the South Pacific.

Issue 8.1

Editorial

Special issue: Photography in the Pacific Part 1

PRUE AHRENS, MAX QUANCHI AND HEATHER WALDROUP

Articles

Pacific photographs from the Vanadis expedition, 1883–85

AOIFE O’BRIEN

Henry Adams in Tahiti

PRUE AHRENS

‘Record of my journeyings in the Coral Sea’: Randolph Bedford’s 1906 album of the Solomon Islands

MAX QUANCHI

Exquisite wonder: Colour film, realism and the Yankee voyage, 1936–38

JEFFREY GEIGER

Reports

The Blackburn Collection of Photography from Polynesia at LACMA

NANCY THOMAS

Nana I Ke Kumu (Pay attention to the source)

MICHELE ZALOPANY

Interview

In conversation with Greg Semu

LISA MCDONALD AND GREG SEMU

Obituary

Hilary Bracefield, 1938–2020

IAN CONRICH, FLEUR ADCOCK AND ULSTER NEW ZEALAND TRUST

Review Article

Indigenous Pacific Approaches to Climate Change: Pacific Island Countries, Jenny Bryant-Tokalau (2018)

Indigenous Pacific Approaches to Climate Change: Aotearoa/New Zealand, Lyn Carter (2019)

Combatting Climate Change in the Pacific: The Role of Regional Organizations, Marc Williams and Duncan McDuie-Ra (2018)

ROY SMITH

Reviews

Dead Letters: Censorship and Subversion in New Zealand 1914–1920, Jared Davidson (2019)

JAMES HEADLEY

New Zealand Society at War 1914–1918, Steven Loveridge (ed.) (2016)

LAURA SEDGWICK

Phoney Wars: New Zealand Society in the Second World War, Stevan Eldred-Grigg and Hugh Eldred-Grigg (2017)

HILARY BRACEFIELD

Indigenous Rights and Colonial Subjecthood: Protection and Reform in the Nineteenth-Century British Empire, Amanda Nettelbeck (2019)

GERARDO RODRÍGUEZ-SALAS

Tupuna Awa: People and Politics of the Waikato River, Marama Muru-Lanning (2016)

RÉKA MASCHER-FRIGYESI

Return to Kahiki: Native Hawaiians in Oceania, Kealani Cook (2019)

HINEKURA SMITH

Tulagi: Pacific Outpost of British Empire, Clive Moore (2019)

MAX QUANCHI

The Pretender of Pitcairn Island: Joshua W. Hill – The Man Who Would be King Among the Bounty Mutineers, Tillman W. Nechtman (2018)

RICHARD LANSDOWN

First Fieldwork: Pacific Anthropology, 1960–1985, Laura Zimmer-Tamakoshi (ed.) (2018)

DARIO PILO

The Shapeshifting Crown: Locating the State in Postcolonial New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the UK, Cris Shore and David V. Williams (eds) (2019)

JOHN F. WILSON

Social Investment: A New Zealand Policy Experiment, Jonathan Boston and Derek Gill (eds) (2018)

ALESSANDRA DE MARCO

Undreamed of … 50 Years of the Frances Hodgkins Fellowship, Priscilla Pitts and Andrea Hotere (2017)

LEONARD BELL

New Zealand Jazz Life, Norman Meehan and Tony Whincup (photographs) (2016)

MARTIN LODGE

--
Tessa Mathieson,
Marketing Executive

Intellect Ltd, The Mill, Parnall Road, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 3JG Tel: 0117 958 9910
Working Days: Monday-Friday

Find out more about Intellect's latest titles with our 2020 Books Catalogue and our 2021 Journals Catalogue, or sign up to our newsletters.

To unsubscribe from the PACIFIC-ASIA-CULTURAL-STUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=PACIFIC-ASIA-CULTURAL-STUDIES&A=1