*Apologies for cross posting*

CALL FOR PAPERS:

ILAS Latin American Anthropology Seminar

The ILAS Latin American Anthropology Seminar series is a forum in which anthropologists in the early phase of their careers working on Latin America can present their work and get feedback in a supportive and collaborative environment, as well as build connections between researchers and departments. It is jointly run by the Institute of Latin American Studies (School of Advanced Study, University of London) and several London-based Anthropology departments such as LSE, Goldsmiths and UCL. Seminars are chaired by peers on a rotational basis and take the form of around 45 minute presentations so as to leave time for questions and discussion.

For Autumn Term 2020 we will be hosting the Latin American Anthropology Seminar online, from 5pm – 7pm on the following Thursday evenings:

We invite paper abstracts from early career researchers (including PhD students) interested in presenting their work on one of these dates. Our new online format means that we can welcome presenters from around the world, including those based in Latin America.

Interested researchers should send a 250 word abstract of their presentation to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] by Friday 11th September.

For more information and details of past events please see https://anthropologyseminarilas.blogs.sas.ac.uk/ or contact Jessie Sklair on [log in to unmask]

Dr Jessica Sklair

Research Fellow | Margaret Anstee Centre for Global Studies | Newnham College | University of Cambridge

Associate Fellow | Institute of Latin American Studies | School of Advanced Study | University of London

Anthropology Matters is a network of the ASA, who administer this list.

AM is used to communicate with postgraduate & postdoctoral anthropologists
working in the UK and abroad to provide alerts to: new issues of the Open Access
Anthropology Matters journal, and events of anthropological interest in the UK
anthropology community such as conferences and seminars or funding opportunities.

To join the ASA click here.

Join the list or view archived messages here.
To email the list use: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe please click here.