While we’ve been getting all agitated over the Anning letter, which has yet to receive a bid (although maybe everyone is treating it like eBay and waiting for the final few minutes of the sale), we may be overlooking the letters from Joseph Barclay Pentland, Sir James Hall, William Buckland and John Dawson sitting within Lot 6 which is attracting more interest. At least we have a hint of the Anning letter content (which may or may not add much to our knowledge), but we have no idea if anything significant lies in these other letters.

It’s things like these popping up out of the blue that keep us on our toes and at least bring us some excitement!