Dear All

For this who may be wondering who Efe is, he is one of HOGG's Young members
( if you recall we now have a Young Member category of membership).
He is enthusiastic about geology and studying geology at university -
though acknowledges he is not experienced in geology, but he considered
history of geology was a really good way to develop understanding about our
science in a non-too technical way - hence he joined HOGG, and all credit
to him for that!

If anyone has experience of applications to university (from school or HE
perspectives) or can put Efe in touch with someone who can offer advice I
would strongly encourage you to email him.

As you may know, there is a shortage of geoscience graduates in the UK -
and the number of applicants to geoscience undergraduate degrees has been
in alarmingly rapid decline in recent years, so any help here will have
impact.

Thanks in anticipation.

*      Duncan Hawley*
*  Chairperson, **History of Geology Group*

*73 Marlcliffe Road*
*Sheffield S6 4AH,  U.K.*
*Phone 07768 170164*

* HOGG Website*