Dear all,

I trust you are well. I just wanted to update you all on some of the discussions that we’ve been having in the AtoM Roadmap Committee, which both Vicky Phillips from the National Library of Wales and I attend.

Artefactual’s current thinking around AtoM 3 is that there won’t be a big leap from AtoM 2 to AtoM 3, but instead a programme of incremental development. Rather than re-writing the programme as a whole, each module would be gradually re-written, until they are all replaced and functioning as a complete new programme. In order to achieve this, the AtoM Roadmap Committee needs to determine some key principles for the design of AtoM 3 so that the new modules can be developed with those in mind. This will be achieved through a process called Domain Modelling, whereby we as subject experts define the core principles of what we need the system to do and then hand this over to the programmers to figure out how best to achieve those goals.

The Roadmap Committee is keen to get input from the user community, particularly to ensure that AtoM continues to meet the needs of both large and small institutions.  With this in mind, I’d like to propose hosting an online meeting in the Autumn, both to talk about these developments and share any delights and frustrations that have come about through using AtoM during these last few months. Rather than attempting to replicate our usual all-day meetings online, I’d suggest a duration of no more than 2 hours, and geared more towards informal discussion. I appreciate that some colleagues may be furloughed, and others may have most of their time occupied with preparing for re-opening, so a user group meeting may not be top of your priorities at the moment.

I’ve created a short survey form at https://forms.gle/NftDSx6VtUcoF44t5 to gauge interest in attending a meeting and some rough dates. Please could I ask you to complete this by Friday 14 August.

If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Anna

Anna McNally

Senior Archivist

Following government advice in relation to COVID-19 the University Records and Archives Team are working remotely to answer all your queries.  This means we are unable to provide a face to face presence or respond to telephone calls.

I will respond to your email within 48hrs.  If you are an internal member of staff and your enquiry is urgent, please contact me via Teams.

For general enquiries  please email the Archive at  [log in to unmask] and we will respond as soon as possible.

For information about University Records and Archives and access to our online resources, please visit our website: http://recordsandarchives.westminster.ac.uk/

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not copy or show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW.

This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.

To unsubscribe from the ATOMUSERSGROUP list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ATOMUSERSGROUP&A=1