A lawsuit has been filed against the Internet Archive over its National Emergency Library and it threatens gaming history, the Open Library, the Political TV Ad Archive, and other rare ephemera. The internet archive has a collection of obsolete software that hangs in the balance with this lawsuit. The litigants regard major book publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Wiley and Penguin Random House and their works in the National Emergency Library. Many of the classic games cataloged through the Internet Archive are still available on Steam, but many may be lost to time if this lawsuit sets a new precedent

https://bit.ly/2CcWRu2
https://bit.ly/2CcWRu2+

--
Peterk