Australia will learn more of a pivotal moment in its history when the so-called Palace letters — sent between former governor-general Sir John Kerr and Buckingham Palace before the dismissal of the Whitlam government — are released in full next week.

More than 1000 pages of documents, including 200 letters, will be made available on Tuesday, the National Archives of Australia announced on Thursday, and could shed new light of the role of the royal family in former prime minister Gough Whitlam's sacking in 1975.

https://bit.ly/2ZhWFSN
https://bit.ly/2ZhWFSN+

--
Peterk