From: Rod Hick
Sent: 18 May 2020 13:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Social Policy Association doctoral event - 13th and 14th July

** Apologies for cross-posting **

Dear all,

While it has unfortunately been necessary to cancel the 2020 Social Policy Association conference, the SPA Executive have taken the decision to organise an online event for PGR members of the SPA, many of whom are at an early and critical stage of their research careers.

The purpose of the event is to enable a small number of doctoral students to present their work and receive comment and feedback from peers. The sessions will thus, to the extent possible, be modelled around the standard conference session format of a 20min presentation with 10 mins for questions and discussion. The event will be held online – most likely on Zoom – on the 13th and 14th of July 2020.

We welcome applications from doctoral candidates (pre-submission) whose work addresses theoretical, conceptual or empirical Social Policy issues. In selecting candidates, we will look to achieve a reasonable balance in terms of: stages of doctoral study, topics, personal characteristics and Institutions. There is no fee to participate though space is limited to around 12-16 presentations and preference will be given to SPA members. The scheme will be open to candidates in other countries but we will aim to have at least three-quarters of presenters based at HEIs in the UK.

If you are a doctoral candidate and would like the opportunity to present at such an event and receive feedback on your work, the please submit an abstract of 100-200 words and a short biographical statement (to contain: name, institution, stage of doctoral study, SPA membership status) to Rod Hick ([log in to unmask]) by Thursday 11th June. Do also drop me a line if you have any questions about the event.

Best wishes

Rod

SPA Executive PGR/ECR representative

Dr. Rod Hick

Senior Lecturer in Social Policy

Co-editor, Journal of Poverty and Social Justice

School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University

Glamorgan Building

King Edward VII Avenue

Cardiff CF10 3WT

Dr. Rod Hick

Uwch Ddarlithydd mewn Polisi Cymdeithasol

Cyd-olygydd, Journal of Tlodi a Chyfiawnder Cymdeithasol

Ysgol Gwyddorau Cymdeithas, Prifysgol Caerdydd

Adeilad Morgannwg

Rhodfa'r Brenin Edward VII

Caerdydd CF10 3WT

To unsubscribe from the SOCIAL-POLICY-ECR list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SOCIAL-POLICY-ECR&A=1