 Modern technology has made it easier than ever to hold onto vast amounts
of documents and information, and many organizations are doing this without
even first considering whether they should hold on to that information. And
beyond the storage costs, there can be far greater increased costs. These
include the risks of data breaches, recordkeeping compliance penalties, and
those difficult to quantify, but ever-present, soft costs associated with
so much information, such as increased time spent searching for particular
items and increased eDiscovery costs. This article will explore the need
for information governance, the basic idea behind it, and conclude with a
brief discussion of legal holds.

https://bit.ly/2YfF7Go
https://bit.ly/2YfF7Go+

--