Hello,

I have an enquiry about a short film/documentary portraying OS triangulation and I was hoping someone would recognise it. The enquirer has described the film/documentary below:

Some 10-20 years ago, I watched a black and white documentary film on TV (appx 30 mins.) which showed contemporary footage regarding the initial surveying, positioning, building and testing of OS triangulation pillars all over the UK. The film set out to explain the principles of triangulation in surveying, with on-site footage of the erection, night-testing and general use of the pillars in map-making.

They have reached out to the BBC and various film libraries with no luck. I have searched iPlayer (on the off-chance) and YouTube with no clear match. I was hoping that someone on this forum may remember it.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Louise

Map Assistant