Dear Sarah,

Thank you for passing on this news. I seemed to stop receiving emails about Jisc Geospatial many months ago, so I hadn't heard that it was being retired. I can't say I am surprised though. I understood that very few institutions had signed up, so it would be interesting to hear how many are in your position. Has anyone else been using Geospatial? I only know of one other institution for sure.

We continued to use Digimap and I have been very impressed with the continued development that EDINA has made to the service, no doubt spurred on to some extent by the competition from Jisc. In comparison with some of the other services we pay for in the library, I would maintain that Digimap is excellent value for money. I appreciate though that the purse strings are going to be held very tight due to current events. To be honest, I don't think there is an alternative, apart from buying the data directly from the suppliers. But Digimap offers so much more than just the data. Excellent customer support for a start.

I am sorry that you have got to re-do all those teaching materials and help sheets. I used to make comprehensive teaching materials for Digimap but, because of its regular development, I started to demonstrate it live instead. This is something I may have to rethink as we move away from face-to-face teaching for a while!

I hope everyone on this list is well.

Best wishes,

David