The Library of Congress provides citations for its digitized cartographic images in Chicago, MLA, and ALA styles.  See https://www.loc.gov/item/2009580133/​ for an example for a 1:10,000 series covering Portsmouth.

From: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of David Sherren <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Referencing maps

Dear all,

Has anyone produced any guidance on how to reference maps using APA 7th edition that they are willing to share? My colleagues have been grappling with referencing books, eBooks, eJournals etc in APA 7th and we'll soon be moving on to look at referencing images and maps, so if anyone has worked on this already and would be willing to share their thoughts then that would be very helpful.

Best wishes,

David

--

David Sherren BSc(Hons), FBCart.S
Map Librarian

T: +44 (0)23 9284 3655

University of Portsmouth, University Library, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2ST

Please note that due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I am currently working remotely from home and am only contactable by email. I will endeavour to answer emails as quickly as possible, but there may be some disruption and some tasksmight take a little longer than usual.

To unsubscribe from the lis-maps list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=lis-maps&A=1