Join Kids in Museums for Digital #TakeoverDay on 26 June

After considering government guidance that museums may be able to open from 4 July, we have decided to move our annual Digital Takeover Day forward one week to Friday 26 June 2020.

Every year we encourage museums, galleries, archives, historic homes and heritage sites from the UK and beyond to hand over their social media accounts to young people.

Their #TakeoverDay tweets have trended on Twitter, reaching millions of users. The national event gives young people a voice and helps museums see their collections in a new light.

Though museums are currently closed, we are still asking you to get under 25s involved with your social media in whatever way you can.

  *   Do you have a youth panel, young trustees, interns or apprentices you could hand over your accounts to?
  *   Are you running a daily challenge that young people could take over for the day?
  *   Can you ask your young followers to join an online task or activity? We've put together a series of challenges on our website<https://bit.ly/36EQ5rr>.

Whatever you post, remember to use our hashtag #TakeoverDay - let's get trending!

Find out how to get involved this year on our website.<https://bit.ly/36EQ5rr>

Jocelyn Murdoch
Content & Communications Manager / Rheolwr Cynnwys a Chyfathrebu

[Email version]

Kids in Museums
CAN Mezzanine
7 - 14 Great Dover Street
Borough
London SE1 4YR
020 3096 7707
www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk<http://www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk/>

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/kidsinmuseums>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/KidsInMuseums/> and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/kidsinmuseums/>.

Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:

Join GEM Firstname Secondname

Include only the text above, without email signature etc.   The title of the email doesn’t matter.   Send it to [log in to unmask]

If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message:

Set GEM nomail

When you get back:

Set GEM mail

You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above.

Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this:

CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask]