"The idea of opening up museum spaces to schools and working together to ensure that children can safely resume their learning journey is a fantastic one that we fully support."

Sharon Heal, Director, Museums Association

Please find attached a proposal for the rapid provision of fit-for-purpose (primary) school accommodation in existing cultural settings during times of social distancing. You can find out more about the proposal at the My Primary School is at the Museum blog:

http://myschoolatthemuseum.site/2020/06/11/strategy-for-rapid-provision-of-school-accommodation/

This proposal has been co-authored by Wendy James, Project Initiator of ‘My Primary School is at the Museum’ (MPSM) and partner at Garbers & James, and Anna Cullum, Director of Anna Cullum Associates. It outlines practical considerations and the benefits for the education and cultural sector of working together during the challenging time of schools reopening during the Covid-19 pandemic.   An appendix contains quotes endorsing and supporting the proposal from Museum Directors, Nursery Managers, Headteachers and Learning and Access Officers.

Kate Measures, Director of Heritage Insider, who evaluated the original MPSM projects believes:

"Rolling out MPSM is an opportunity not just to meet a need but to provide excellent learning experiences right at the heart of our nation's rich and varied heritage, art, culture and nature. It would turn our heritage resources into educational assets for a Covid-19 reovery. If taken up by local authorities, this would not be a second class, work around kind of solution - it would be world-class education and world-class innovation."

We hope you find it a useful and inspiring read!

With best wishes,

Katie Potter, Heather Sargeant and the Heritage Insider Team

HERITAGE INSIDER LTD
Helping to make your work even more awesome....

We take all the best bits we do and pop them in our online shop
www.greedysquirrel.co.uk for when you might need them

Main Office: Titan House, Station Rd, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5PA

Main Office No: 07507 337513 Kate's Mobile: 07966 298516
Jemma's Mobile: 07919 467584
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +