All,

Seminars / Courses:
- Lunch and Learn sessions continuing 30 June 2020 TUESDAY 12noon

We have two measuring short talks this week - TOMORROW:
Florian Knigge Technical Leader – Metrology Waygate Technologies, Digital Solutions "Influencing factors on a CT systems metrological performance" and Shan Lou, Huddersfield, "XCT Surface Metrology for Additively Manufactured Parts"

- One World Seminar Series https://www.oneworldml.org
WEDNESDAY 1 July 2020 - Weinan E (Princeton University) Towards a mathematical understanding of supervised learning: What we know and what we don't know https://princeton.zoom.us/j/93845817369
8 July 2020 - Eric Vanden-Eijnden (Courant Institute, NYU) Trainability and accuracy of artificial neural networks
15 July 2020 - Anders Hansen (University of Cambridge) On the foundations of computational mathematics, Smale’s 18th problem and AI
24 July 2020 (Sat) - Thematic day on the training of multilayer networks in the mean field regime Konstantinos Spiliopoulos (Boston University), Roberto Oliveira (IMPA), Huy Tuan Pham (Stanford University)

Sisterly Links:

- Two virtual hackathons that we will hold during the next 2 weeks. Each Monday, we will start with a series of presentations on topics related to each vHackathon. These talks will be of interest to non-participants as well and details can be found on our website www.ccpsynerbi.ac.uk.

TODAY 26th Software Framework Meeting - Advanced optimisation algorithms and motion correction for PET and MR Mon 29 June 2020 14-16:00.
27th Software Framework Meeting Extending STIR and SIRF towards PET/CT scanners Mon 6 July 2020 9:30-11:30.

Training
 - contact [log in to unmask]
28th of July: Introduction to X-ray CT (course 1) This is an introductory course to laboratory X-ray Computed Tomography and is designed specifically to new users.

29th July: Introduction to image visualisation using Avizo (course 2) Expanding upon how data is collected in course 1, this course teaches the user how to process X-ray CT data using the Avizo visualisation software.

Software update meetings:
Virtual zoom (t-conferencing) links are ongoing

- XCT reconstruction via the Core Imaging Library - CCPi NOW Thursday 9:30am  update session - join the
Updates on times and progress join the Developer list https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=CCPI-DEVEL
- PET and MR reconstruction, CCP-PETMR / SyneRBI Bi-weekly Friday. Web links at: https://www.ccppetmr.ac.uk/

Conferences:
- ToScA Online on the afternoon, 3 September 2020 https://www.toscainternational.org/

If you wish to talk (give shot updates), know of talks and events happening please email [log in to unmask]

keep sane and busy,
Martin

To unsubscribe from the CCPI-DEVEL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=CCPI-DEVEL&A=1