**Apologies for cross-posting**

Throughout June 2020 Bristol University Press and Policy Press are making recent journal special issues free to access.

Explore the full collection at: https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/special-issue-collection, including:

European Journal of Politics and Gender

Rethinking the ambition gap: gender and candidate emergence in comparative perspective

Guest Edited by Jennifer M. Piscopo and Meryl Kenny

The gender gap in political ambition is often presented as an immutable fact about the political world. This special issue interrogates this fact, drawing on case studies from across the globe to move the research agenda away from explaining why (or whether) women have less ambition than men, and towards understanding the gendered dynamics of candidate emergence.

Journal of Gender-Based Violence

Domestic violence: New directions in policy and practice in Europe

Guest edited by Marceline Naudi and Lorraine Radford

This special issue discusses new ways of thinking about, responding to and implementing strategies to end gender-based violence, including domestic violence across Europe.

Please note: To support our research, student, policy and practice communities at this challenging time, the free trial access period for all 14 of our journals has been extended to six months. Any organisation can sign up via our Ingenta Connect page.

If your institution does not yet subscribe, we would encourage you to ask your librarian to take out a free trial in order to make our journals available to your community. If you need any help with the set-up, please contact us at [log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Heather Gibson, Journals Executive

Bristol University Press and Policy Press

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.