**Apologies for cross-posting**

Sign up to our newsletter to receive 35% discount on all our books.

BSG 2020 Online – Book Launch Event

Join us at 9am on Friday 3rd July for the online launch of Precarity and Ageing, the most recent book in our Ageing in a Global Context series.

Chris Phillipson will be answering your questions about the book and its importance today, so please send questions in advance to [log in to unmask].

The session is free to attend, and you do not have to be a member of the BSG. Sign up here to join us on Friday 3rd June

Book a Meeting with Laura Vickers-Rendall

We are sorry that we can’t meet in person at the BSG conference this year. However, Laura Vickers-Rendall, our Commissioning Editor for Ageing and Gerontology, would still love to hear about any research or writing plans you have.

Follow this link and book an appointment with Laura between 1st-3rd July (only) to talk about publishing projects. Alternatively, email Laura [log in to unmask].

Ageing and Gerontology highlights

The Evolution of British Gerontology

Precarity and Ageing

Social Divisions and Later Life

Remote and Rural Dementia Care

Critical Questions for Ageing Societies

Dementia and Human Rights

Ethnicity and Old Age

Grandparenting Practices Around the World (New in paperback)

International Journal of Care and Caring

Read the latest issue of the International Journal of Care and Caring (Vol. 4, No. 2) on Ingenta.

You can also read the special issue on Care ethics thinks the political, guest edited by Sophie Bourgault and Fiona Robinson for free until the end of June as part of our Special Issue collection.

The Editors' Choice collection is also free to read until 31 July 2020, including:

The availability of carers for older disabled people in Spain: demographic insights and policy implications

Authors: Celia Fernández-Carro, Rosa Gómez-Redondo and Noelia Cámara-Izquierdo

On Transforming Society

COVID-19 amplifies but doesn’t alter the chronology of life and death

Chris Gilleard and Paul Higgs

Read on Transforming Society

Understanding insecurity and risk in later life

Amanda Grenier, Chris Phillipson and Rick Settersten

Read on Transforming Society

Read more Ageing and Gerontology articles on Transforming Society

We are implementing a home working policy in response to the Government’s advice on COVID-19. We will be operating as normally as we can and replying to emails as quickly as possible. Find out more.

Get 35% discount on ALL Bristol University Press and Policy Press books by signing up to our newsletter here.

This year the charity we are supporting is Julian House. Find out more and donate here.

Bristol University Press and Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK