Hi all

We were able to participate in a sample exchange with a lab running the Abbott assay (we use the Roche assay) which has allowed us to look at the concordance between the Roche and Abbott antibody assays.

There were only 21 samples in total.

In summary:
I believe that the Abbott assay is specific for IgG nucleocapsid antibodies whilst the Roche assay should detect all nucleocapsid antibody isotypes. This seems like one obvious reason for the discrepancy.

I thought I'd share to add to the data in this area.

I'll be interested to see what the EQA schemes show.

A lab in Vienna has posted the results of its comparison of the Roche, Abbott and DiaSorin assays - https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.06.04.20117911

Regards,
Gavin

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual who posts and they are solely responsible for all message content. The ACB does not monitor posts. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/