The timing won't work for me, I'm afraid, but may I propose the paper 'Putting the "Pan" Back in Pandemic: Social Distancing in The Shepheardes Calender'? While the shepherds depicted during the first half of the year (apart from 'Ianuarye', where we see Colin practicing self-isolation for the first time) have a tendency to get a bit too close to each other, with 'Februarie', 'March' standing out as particularly negative examples of shepherds talking to each other and standing far too close (they're within spitting distance and their hands are practically touching!) and 'Aprill' and 'May' depicting crowd scenes(!), in 'Iune', Colin and Hobbinol are already trying to keep at a stave's distance (well, not quite, but a lot of people struggle with judging distances accurately, so why should it be any different for shepherds?), Morrell has definitely got the right idea in 'Iulye', the three shepherds in 'August' keep a respectful distance from each other and the lost-looking sheepdog that has randomly wandered into the image and facing away from each other as they sing (a very sensible precaution), Hobbinol and Diggon in 'September' are a perfect paterne of social distancing, and Pierce and Cuddie in 'October' are also doing OK. Unfortunately we see a relapse in 'Nouember', with Thenot irresponsibly flouting the rules in order to put a garland on Colin's head and Colin playing a pipe in his direction(!), which is presumably why poor Colin is back in self-isolation by 'December'.
Sorry, I didn't want to end on such a depressing note. But the good news is that Thenot is doing fine again. He's already sitting up in bed and reading poetry to his lambs, and the crookednesse and vnlustinesse have quite disappeared!

Happy porlocking!
Elisabeth

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 11:05 PM Anne Prescott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I tried to reply, but I think the cyberwhale sallowed it. I will try to join, but am seeing my eye doctor, an irony to be sure. BTW: I have only a few words for a mini-tribute to Tom Roche, but thoughts and memories welcome. Best to you all, Anne

Sent from my iPad

On May 7, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Germaine Warkentin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sean, what a fine idea! Since I never get to the Zoo these days I will try to participate if I can. No promises, but who know what noon will bring? Thanks for organizing this! Germaine

On 2020-05-07 5:15 p.m., Sean Henry wrote:
For those among us accustomed to spending this week in Kalamazoo, the necessary cancellation of our Spenser and Sidney sessions must bring sorrow, on top of everything else. Moreover, the pandemic has Porlocked Porlock itself.

However, after sounding some of you good people out on Facebook, I have proposed that anyone who might feel bereft without the Zoo this year might wish to attend (via Zoom) a virtual gathering of purely a social nature. Call it a pandemic Porlock; call it a pandemic Elizabeth Boyle Room; but if you're missing Kalamazoo this year, and want to say hello to your friends, please feel free to drop in. If you have something Porlockian to share, by all means. Otherwise, it's a chance to clap eyes on one another and to say hello.

I stress this is wholly an experiment! But I miss my friends who gather in Michigan.

WHEN: Friday, 8th May, 9am Pacific (Noon Eastern). Short notice, but grab Occasion by the forelock.

Meeting ID 773-1174-8043, password: Porlock

Sean Henry.

Germaine Warkentin // English (Emeritus), University of Toronto
http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/germainew/

"There has never been a great age of science and technology without
a corresponding flourishing of the arts and humanities."
-- Cathy N. Davidson