1759.7137.png

Intellect is pleased to announce that Journal of Screenwriting 11.1 is now available!

For more information about the issue and journal, click here >> https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-screenwriting

Aims & Scope

The Journal of Screenwriting is an international double-blind peer-reviewed journal that is published three times a year. The journal highlights current academic and professional thinking about the screenplay and intends to promote, stimulate and bring together current research and contemporary debates around the screenplay whilst encouraging groundbreaking research in an international arena. The journal is discursive, critical, rigorous and engages with issues in a dynamic and developing field, linking academic theory to screenwriting practice.

Issue 11.1

Editorial

CRAIG BATTY

Articles

The strange case of the three-column screenplay format in 1950s Czechoslovakia

JAN ČERNÍK

The origins of screenwriting practice and discourse in Portugal

RITA BENIS

Cultural influences in screenwriting: Australia vs. Hollywood

GLENDA HAMBLY

Telling Big Little Lies: Writing the Female Gothic as extended metaphor in Complex Television

MARGARET MCVEIGH

Characters as fictional migrants: Atonement, adaptation and the screenplay process

JOAKIM HERMANSSON

Negotiating autobiographical truth: Embodying sensation in the narrative screenplay

GAVIN WILSON

Conference Report

The 2019 Screenwriting Research Network Conference, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Porto (11–14 September): A personal reflection

ANA SOFIA PEREIRA

Book Reviews

Writing for the Screen: Creative and Critical Approaches, Craig Batty and Zara Waldeback (2019)

Y’DHANNA DANIELS

Writing Hollywood: The Work and Professional Culture of Television Writers, Patricia F. Phalen (2018)

DAVID MORGASEN

Pink-Slipped: What Happened to Women in the Silent Film Industries?, Jane M. Gaines (2018)

AMELIA PHILLIPS

Great Adaptations: Screenwriting and Global Storytelling, Alexis Krasilovsky (2018)

WARREN LEWIS

--
Tessa Mathieson,
Marketing Executive

Intellect Ltd, The Mill, Parnall Road, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 3JG Tel: 0117 958 9910
Working Days: Monday-Friday

Find out more about Intellect's latest titles with our 2019 Books Catalogue and our 2020 Journals Catalogue, or sign up to our newsletters.

To unsubscribe from the SCREENWRITING-RESEARCH-NETWORK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SCREENWRITING-RESEARCH-NETWORK&A=1