The Italian Society for Applied Anthropology (SIAA) in cooperation with the Department of Political and Social Sciences at the University of Catania is going to launch its second Speaker' Corner "Listen to the pandemic" on May 12 (18:00-20:00 Italian time), with Andrew Lakoff as main speaker.

In his latest book, "Unprepared. Global Health in Time of Emergency", Lakoff follows the history of health preparedness from its beginnings in 1950s Cold War civil defense to the early twenty-first century, when international health authorities carved out a global space for governing potential outbreaks. In our next speakers' corner, he will explain why despite health authorities, government officials and vaccine manufacturers have been concerned with the possibility of a global pandemic, and funds have been devoted to cutting-edge research on pathogenic organisms, the project of global health security continues to be unsettled by the prospect of surprise, as the COVID-19 emergency is clearly showing.

Zoom Meeting
Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89186774092?pwd=MWJNNjREeXJpLzhsRkc5ZGhoVFlSdz09&fbclid=IwAR1hFGel3orORRks0flQbHmhyG3ndtMK69DNSrKVweeMx1tcNXBGl5wQ1Hw
Meeting ID: 891-8677-4092
Password: 6kdSQz

The meeting will be available also in streaming (both live and catch-up) on the SIAA facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/antropologiaapplicata/).

Our first speakers' corner - "What Do Bats Think of the Virus. Sentinel and Pandemics" with Frederic Keck - is available here.

To unsubscribe from the RADIX list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=RADIX&A=1