Hi Guys

Many apologies for cross-posting

I'm reaching out to you as a subject Librarian at the University of Kent (Canterbury).

I was wondering if you could share what your experiences have been with the rise of the e-textbook via aggregators such as VitalSource and Kortext etc...

Whilst I appreciate that these aggregators have been supportive during the COVID-19 situation, through effecting temporary free access to titles, their practice in 'normal' times has been very financially aggressive.

Do you have any policies etc.. with regards to this development?

Many thanks

Stay safe, stay well

Andy

Andy Prue | Liaison Librarian

Academic Liaison Team, Information Services, University of Kent

ALS Office, Templeman Library

Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NU, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1227 827697

http://www.kent.ac.uk/library

https://sharepoint.kent.ac.uk/is/teams/customer-support/quality-marketing/Working%20documents/THE%20Awards%202019%20-Outstanding%20Library%20winners%20logos/THE%20AWARDS%202019%20Library%20Team%20category%20winner-email%20signature_A%20600x10017.jpg

Open Access and the REF

To be eligible for the next REF, your journal articles and conference papers must be deposited in KAR within 3 months of acceptance

We can help - with the REF Assisted Deposit service

More information: see our Open Access pages or email [log in to unmask].

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1