From: Metamorphic Studies Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Leonardo Lagoeiro <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, 23 May 2020 6:22:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [geo-metamorphism] Digital Camera for an Optical Microscope

Hi Cici
Good point. Interference figures will be one of the things to share with students.
-----
Leonardo Lagoeiro

On 22 May 2020, at 16:56, Alicia Cruz-Uribe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Another important thing to consider about many (?) microscopes is that the Bertrand lens is not in the flight path for many of these cameras that mount on the tubes. So, if you are interested in your students sharing their interference figures, etc, the smartphone mounts might be a good way to go.

Cheers,
Cici

Alicia M. Cruz-Uribe
Edward Sturgis Grew Assistant Professor of Petrology and Mineralogy
University of Maine
5790 Bryand Global Sciences Center
Orono, ME 04469
(207) 581-4494