Dear all

In Sri Lanka everyone who is admitted to the designated hospitals with PCR+
COVID gets at least Chloroquine /HCQ

The Lancet has published a study
Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment
of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis
The findings are :
We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine,
when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19.
Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital
survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used
for treatment of COVID-19.

Has anyone done a critical appraisal of this paper?

My question if you are a clinicians would you give HCQ and or macrolide to
each and every person (I will add my own criteria after taking an ECG and
if there is no abnormal changes of rhythm or other ischaemic changes)

Would much value your comments

Thank you

Kumara

*Truth, wisdom, learning, and good sense—these are worth paying for, but
too valuable for you to sell.*

*Proverbs 23:23*