Hello,

In Algeria, people are using many forms:

- "الله يسترنا جاتنا الكورونا" meaning "may Allah save us, Coronavirus is here". Transcription: "Allah yestorna, jatna corona".

-" ديرو لبافيت كورونا راهي جات" meaning "wear masks, Coronavirus is here". Transcription: "diro lbavette, corona rahi jat."

In the dialect of Tamazight (in Kabylia region), they say "akim goukhamik" (stay home).

Also, at the end of every call for prayer, they said "الصلاة في بيوتكم" meaning "pray at home". Transcription: "essalato fi boyoutikom".

Young people and Algerian actors have also been making songs from home about the pandemic to sensitize people. These are interesting because they rhyme and describe the reaction of people since the start of its spread in Algeria, and others were made by doctors for fun to help citizens not to panick more. I'll share some links to YouTube vdeos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpbNDSmQlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7JFI7LI_3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uywPCGUgHhk

Regards
Nour El Houda BENLAKHDAR
BA (Hons) MA
PhD Researcher in Educational Linguistics
Faculty of Education
University of Northampton
UK