Thank you for the replies and suggestions. I think the reason I
thought possibly horse is that the undulating side sort of resembles the
frontal bone of a horse... Horse is present on the site but not in any
significant numbers. Horse is typically common on most Irish sites though
infrequent. However, if it is horse I would have thought i would have come
across the bone before and that it would therefore be familiar which it is
not. The site is on the coast so a marine mammal is possible. There are two
of these bones in the assemblage - the second one is a smaller fragment but
obviously the same element, flat on one side.  Otherwise the assemblage,
which is relatively small  [NISP 477], is dominated by cattle with
sheep/goat, pig, horse, dog. Fairly typical for Irish sites though I am
just at the identification stage. I have not yet received full contextual
details other than that it is Bronze Age.

  https://zooarchaeology.ning.com/photo/albums/unid-bone-possible-horse

*Dr Emily Murray*
*BSc, PhD, ILM L5, PGCHET*

*Mobile:* 07811391965