From: "Jeff Browndyke" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 April, 2020 23:00:09
Subject: Re: [SPM] Event-related design in aging study: Temporal and dispersion derivatives?

Hi, Steve.

I think it is a wise idea to include the 2nd order derivatives, particularly if your older adult cohort has a history of cardiac, statin use or hypertension-related issues.  Inclusion of these derivatives probably should also be guided by your task structure and event timing, but that’s a bit beyond my wheelhouse.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Duke University Medical Center
Div. of Geriatric Behavioral Health