Hi,

I used the multimedia stimulus of one minute to elicit emotions in human participants and recorded their brain responses. While watching the stimulus, I asked participants to click whenever they are feeling any emotion. Please note the word whenever which means in the stimulus of one minute there could be different instances where person can feel say happy (for happy stimulus). The intention behind this to explore the transition period up to the moment when participant felt any emotion. However, as you may already guess that the clicking and feeling of emotion cannot happen at the same time. The click was introduced only to achieve some temporal locality but not as precise as even to one second. Moreover, it is hard to know exactly when the subject before the click felt the emotion (ie. was it one second before or two-second before or three-second before the click). In an attempt to answer this question, I came across temporal representational similarity analysis (tRSA). Many of the research articles concerning temporal representational similarity analysis are comparing representations of the model with the neural recordings. I didn't come across an article which does tRSA (with temporal window) across subjects to find out the similarity in stimulus representation that can help decide individual time point across subjects with high representational correlation.

Please feel free to criticize and ask if the question is not clear.
Please advise some solutions.

Thanks

Best,
Sudhakar Mishra
Research Scholar
IIIT-Allahabad

Is the nothingness lack of differentiation?
सर्वद्वारेषु देहेऽस्मिन्प्रकाश उपजायते । ज्ञानं यदा तदा विद्याद्विवृद्धं सत्त्वमित्युत ॥
श्रद्धावाँल्लभते ज्ञानं तत्परः संयतेन्द्रियः। ज्ञानं लब्ध्वा परां शान्तिमचिरेणाधिगच्छति।।
योगश्चित्तवृत्तिनिरोधः