Likewise, we have had some success in using the LST toolbox for the same non-MS hyperintensity volumetric analysis, but as Dr. Gaser notes one needs to tailor the LST settings to fit the sequence and data characteristics.  We did this iteratively to find the optimal settings for our data by comparing against the kappa obtained in the dice-coefficient output for each setting variation.

Warm regards,
Jeff