Dear all,

I hope this email finds everyone safe and well.

Long time reading these emails but this is my first submission!

I am emailing as a representative from the Confederation of Meningitis Organisations (CoMO) on World Meningitis Day. Meningitis is a devastating and deadly disease affecting millions of people every year - causing 300,000 deaths in 2017 alone. The rapid onset of the disease means that it can kill in under 24 hours and yet most of the common types of meningitis are preventable.

At a time where we must all support the amazing work done by healthcare professionals, we believe it’s more important than ever to prevent the resurgence of vaccine preventable diseases and protect our communities. 2020 is a landmark year for meningitis advocacy as the WHO is preparing to discuss a plan to defeat meningitis by 2030.

Join a global community of survivors, health professionals and patient advocacy groups to raise awareness of why we must #DefeatMeningitis. I’m emailing in the hopes that you will take just a few moments of your day to learn a little more about the disease as it may help save a life.

It would be great if you could help us raise awareness of the disease by:

        Signing a pledge to #DefeatMeningitis. It will be shown on our map of pledges and actions (scroll down to the bottom of the page here).

        Sharing the publicly available resources in our World Meningitis Day Toolkit, which includes testimonial tiles, infographics and fact sheets. You can find it here.

        View our videos here.

        Read our blog post here.

        Re-tweeting or sharing our social media posts. Twitter. Facebook. Instagram.

        Using the hashtags #WorldMeningitisDay and #DefeatMeningitis on social media.

We hope we can count on your support and please let me know if you have any questions about our campaign.

Take care and best regards,

Nadia Vaenerberg

Nadia Vaenerberg

Communications and Projects Manager

Confederation of Meningitis Organisations (CoMO)

Ph +44 333 405 6264

Visit our Website     Like us on Facebook     Follow us on Twitter: @COMOmeningitis     Sign up to our Newsletter

A charity registered in England & Wales no 1167023, Australia no 55150714298 and a 501(c)(3) in the US. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England no 09690146. Registered head office: Newminster House, Baldwin Street, Bristol BS1 1LT.

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************