HI Kate / all

Likewise agree that Diversity is fundamentally important and to be celebrated in its amazing awesomeness at all aspects.

I think its important that we as a 'being' have a diversity statement or position. Maybe a potential first goal of the special interest group?? Nothing fixed but able to evolve as and when needed.

With regards positive discrimination, I think its essential to ensure inclusion and Equity throughout the profession. Baring in mind that Equity is very different to equality.

If its handy I'm also a member of the NADSN (National Association of Disabled Staff Networks) Steering Committee (Region Lead) so their maybe some cross over that we can get support from.

Until then if its okay, I might start inviting people with diverse aspects to get in touch to ensure inclusion as much or as little as they so wish.

If I can be of any further help or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind regards,

Rich

Richard Knight MBACP

Registered Counsellor
PhD Researcher in Counselling & Disability
Clinic Lead / Clinical Coordinator

[cid:image002.jpg@01D61E31.EF6E91C0]Counselling & Mental Health Clinic
School of Psychological and Social Sciences

Clinic Office: De Grey 210
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / T 01904 876284

Clinic webpages: www.yorksj.ac.uk/cmhc<http://www.yorksj.ac.uk/cmhc>

E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / T: 01904 876072

If you receive this email out of hours, please be assured that there is no expectation you will reply outside of your normal working pattern.

Please be aware that I work flexible and infrequent hours, therefore I will reply to your message when I am next available but this may be with a considerable delay.