Hi all

Tom Mills passed me along a set of free Springer books on Python (in response to the COVID-19 lockdown), and I thought people on here might get some use out of them too (links below).

I had a look through the contents pages and while they're definitely more in the Comp Sci area (which makes the exercises maybe not so relevant to social science concerns in places) there's some nice stuff across these books on things like PyGame, GUI development, and programmatic thinking in general which might inspire some creative applications in social science?

Thanks

Phil Brooker

The Python Workbook:

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-14240-1

Python Programming Fundamentals:

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4471-6642-9

A Beginners Guide to Python 3 Programming:

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-20290-3

Advanced Guide to Python 3 Programming:

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-25943-3

To unsubscribe from the PASS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=PASS&A=1