Open-access online research seminars in Music Production and Creative Technology (MuPaCT) created by and for research academics in these fields. Our first event is on:

Wednesday 6th May 2020 6pm UK Time (GMT +1hr) – Free but BOOK A PLACE (with Eventbrite)

Sonic Cartoons and Mixing – by Andrew Bourbon (Huddersfield) and Simon Zagorski-Thomas (UWL)

This presentation takes our previous work on Sonic Cartoons - the idea of recorded music as schematic representations of musical activity - and looks at how it can be used as a practical tool for both teaching and practice in this area. FULL ABSTRACT HERE

What is MuPaCT?

We aim to present a forty minute online lecture / presentation plus Q&A session every fortnight on a Wednesday evening at 6pm GMT by post-doctoral researchers and highly experienced practitioners. Rather than bringing speakers into an institution to present to a small audience (and thereby creating a disproportionate carbon footprint), this initiative seeks to allow more speakers to reach larger audiences with less impact on the environment – and, of course, in these times of Covid-19 it helps to keep open the avenues of research communication without the risk of infection.

You can subscribe to the [log in to unmask] list here to receive notifications about future seminars

Videos of MuPaCT research seminars will be archived and made available on an open-access basis on https://mupact.com

Currently invitations to present are being managed by the six founding higher education institutions but we invite other institutions to join us (email Simon) and if it gets really large and complicated we’ll figure something out.

Our current Zoom subscription allows for a maximum of 100 people in the session.

To unsubscribe from the MUPACT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MUPACT&A=1