From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Trixie McAree <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 03 April 2020 12:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RCM statement on PPE - just released

You are right, when working clinically you can forget that there is a crisis going on and you just get into normal habits of hugging and touching.

The other thing I think we need to be mindful of support around mental well being. Several of my colleagues are very worried and almost to the  point of “we are all going to die as we are exposed” mentality. I think making better use of PMAs could be answer - I am not hearing or seeing that particually in any of my networks are any of you?

Best wishes

Trixie

Professor Trixie McAree

Professor of Midwifery and Maternal Health

Birmingham City University/Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS FoundationTrust

Tel: 0121 3316196

Mobil: 07894802961

Twitter: @mcareetrixie

Orchid: https://orchid.org/0000-0001-7845-2195