Dear colleagues,

We will be running a series of events on the homepage of our AHRC-funded project, ‘Interdisciplinary Italy 1900-2020: Interart/Intermedia  to draw together those of us working on the relations between the arts and media. This is in place of the second Interdisciplinary Italy summer school at Trinity College Dublin, which we have had to defer due to COVID-19.

Italian Intermedial Objects Online

We are in the process of creating a digital archive of intermedial artistic objects. So, if you would like to be involved, we ask that you send short podcasts or videocasts about an intermedial object that intrigues you. This might be any object – material or immaterial – which incorporates multiple arts within it. It can be from any period of Italian cultural history.

These video or podcasts will be just 5 minutes long (if using a podcast, please send a picture of the object you are describing). It can be in English or in Italian. We will upload them onto a dedicated tab on the website for ‘Italian Intermedial objects’ and see what comes out. It should be a really interesting mini encyclopedia (with inevitable gaps of course) of some of the amazing intermedial works that Italy has produced.

The website is www.interdisciplinaryitaly.org. Please send podcasts or videocasts to Eleonora Lima at [log in to unmask]. We will also be happy to advise on format or ideas – just send any questions to the same email.

Intermediality: Short reflections by key thinkers

We’re delighted to announce that through late spring and summer 2020, we will be publishing a series of blog posts by key thinkers in the field. These will reflect on some central issues in intermediality. We will be kicking off with posts by Gabriele Rippl (Handbook of Intermediality, 2015) and Lars Elleström (Transmedial Narration, 2019; Media Borders, Multimodality and Intermediality, 2010), with more to follow later in the summer. You’ll find the posts archived under the Theory tab on the website.

With our very best wishes,

Clodagh Brook (Trinity College Dublin)

Florian Mussgnug (University College London)

Giuliana Pieri (Royal Holloway University London)

Dr Clodagh Brook

Associate Vice Provost for Equality Diversity and Inclusion

Associate Professor and Head of Italian / Ollamh Comhlach, Roinn na hIodáilise

School of Languages, Literatures and Cultural Studies/ Scoil na dTeangacha, na Litríochtaí agus na gCultúr

Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin/ Coláiste na Tríonóide, Baile Átha Cliath, Ollscoil Átha Cliath

Room 4040, Arts Building, Dublin 2, Ireland/ Seomra 4040, Foirgneamh na nEalaíon, Baile Átha Cliath 2, Éire

+353 1 8962063. [log in to unmask]. https://www.tcd.ie/Italian/

International Co-investigator on AHRC-funded, Interdisciplinary Italy 1900-2020: Interart/Intermedia: www.interdisciplinaryitaly.org

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies