Dear colleagues,

first, in case you haven't seen it, the Royal Opera House is streaming
*Metamorphosis: *
https://www.roh.org.uk/streaming/the-metamorphosis
It is gruesome, beautiful, and I really recommend it.

Second, I watched it with students this evening (well, we arranged a time
when we logged on) and then had a chat room with drinks afterwards. Doing
this made me realise how much they are missing the extracurricular and
social sides of uni life, and I am going to try and set up a film and
discussion group with them remotely. I am not very technically
sophisticated, though, and there are many film studies scholars on this
list. If you fancied writing to me off-list with any suggestions on how to
set up an effective remote German-related film club, I'd personally
appreciate it - and would summarise the feedback for all. I've had a look
at Watch2Gether, but you will probably have better ideas.

Suggestions of cultural events being streamed in or to do with German also
welcome, again off-list - *Metamorphosis* worked in part because it was
accessible to ab initio students.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,
Seán

--
Dr Seán Williams
Senior Lecturer in German and European Cultural History