Thanks mate =) I'll just ask my boss to ask the Mac to be configured to 1TB internal space. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Cheers,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:22 PM Taylor Hanayik <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,

The computer specs you listed will be fine for running FSL on a Macbook pro. Note that you will not be able to use any of the accelerated GPU programs unless you have a Linux operating system and an NVIDIA graphics card though. If you are already using a mac, and are happy with your FSL workflow, then you should be fine. A quick word of caution, 256 GB is not much storage space for many modern neuroimaging datasets. You may find that you’ll quickly fill that up when you install all your software and begin to work on data. Make sure you have a lot of external storage if you choose a smaller internal hard drive in your mac.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Taylor Hanayik PhD

Analysis Research Software Engineer
Wellcome Center for Integrative Neuroimaging (FMRIB)
University of Oxford