Dear Leshu, VisEv and Film-Philosophy colleagues,

Happy International Workers Day!

I’m writing on behalf of the Radical Film Network (RFN). We are so impressed with your collations of film libraries, lists and titles for use by students, academics and researchers during the lockdown and wish to pass on our hearty congratulations! It’s been something we’ve been thinking about since our inception - how filmmakers within the RFN might be able to offer their work internationally and freely available.
The RFN is comprised of more than 133 affiliated organisations from 25 countries, and growing rapidly. We now have a Vimeo website with more than 100 films (and growing), just a fraction of the work available through the Directory of members.

We would love to offer access for all your students, colleagues and of course the general public and the films are available at:

RFNVimeoPage

The films fall loosely within four areas of political, environmental, experimental and community. Most are documentary based but some are fictional and some are experimental, working across both (or neither!). We are currently working within the confines of what is formally available within Vimeo, but hope in the future to be able to guide viewers more directly through genre and context (any advice welcome). We hope that your own filmmaking communities may also wish to affiliate and place their work within the archive. If so, we will send guidance on how to do so.

If you would like to see which organisations are already affiliated, please find the Directory on the Radical Film Network web page.

We hope you can add this list to your playlists and that your students will find the work relevant and stimulating to their studies, research and general viewing.

Kind regards

Clive
(on behalf of the RFN)

 dr clive myer & lynda myer-bennett

- Derek Jarman’s producer James Mackay called The Orchard "An innovative and daring approach to directing screen acting, placing The Orchard on the world stage of new approaches to film”.

- Gideon Koppel, director of ‘Sleep Furiously’ said “Within The Orchard there is an intimacy and truth to the emotional space which is really impressive. The camera[s] seem very much within the drama rather than simply  recording it. They are at once - albeit anonymous - characters within the story.”