Dear all,

While we are passing through this uncertain time and with so much sadness in the news around us , I wanted to take a moment instead to share a piece of good news. I am delighted to learn that the BNAC's founding chair Prof. Surya P. Subedi, has been awarded the Degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD  महाविद्यावारिधि) by the University Hull for his accomplishments in the field of international law and human rights.

If you would like to congratulate Prof. Subedi, please write directly to him at: [log in to unmask]

In mean time, I wish you and your families safety and good health.

Best wishes

Krishna Adhikari

Chair, BNAC

(From Kaski, Nepal)

Celebrate Our Staff – April 2020

Here we celebrate our colleagues’ achievements across the University this past month.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/forstaff/news/article/7080/celebrate_our_staff__april_2020

Professor Surya P. Subedi, who has been awarded the degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of Hull

Doctor of Laws honour

Accomplishments in the field of international law and human rights has seen Leeds Law Professor Surya P. Subedi QC OBE DCL awarded the degree of Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, by the University of Hull.

Professor Subedi had obtained a Master of Laws (LLM) with distinction and a prize for best LLM student of the year at Hull in 1988. Commenting on the award of such a high accolade, he said he was honoured by the recognition of his accomplishments by his alma mater.

Professor Subedi added: “It was immensely humbling to be awarded such a high academic accolade by a prestigious British university in recognition of my contribution to international law and human rights.

“This also is a recognition of the superb culture of research that exists at Leeds, which enables us to make a lasting contribution to a wider world and receive such external awards for our work.”

Upon completion of his LLM, Professor Subedi won an FCO scholarship to study for a DPhil (PhD) in Law at the University of Oxford and obtained his degree with a prize in 1993.

Last year, Oxford awarded him the highest degree – the Doctor of Civil Law (DCL) – in recognition of his contribution to international law and human rights.

Get Outlook for Android

To unsubscribe from the BNAC list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BNAC&A=1