Hi all

I expect that many biochemistry labs will be involved in the running of
SARS-CoV-2 antibody assays and I wanted to ask if anyone has information
about the commercial QC options available?

The information from Roche indicates that they do not supply QC for their
antibody assay and the IFU advocates the use of pooled patient material
that has a COI value less than the low calibrator for the negative control
and a COI value higher than the high calibrator for the positive control.

It would also be useful to investigate the possibility of arranging sample
exchanges with other labs running qualitative antibody assays to obtain
information on the concordance rate between labs and platforms until such
time as the EQA scheme is available.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Gavin Murdock

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual who posts and they are solely responsible for all message content.  The ACB does not monitor posts.

ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk