I'm in the same boat Jacqui, but I have decided - in consultation with the
students - to give up on the practical bone test to assess students (at
least for the time being; they can do it later as a formative,
non-assessed, exercise)
I think it would be very hazardous to do it on the basis of images (even if
they are 3Ds) and without a reference collection
Cheers

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 10:26, Jacqui Mulville <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> In these challenging times – does anyone have any good ideas for how to
> examine students, in for example bone id skills, with them having access to
> physical collections?  We can just delay all assessments, but I was just
> wondering if anyone had any funky and functional ideas……
>

> Jacqui Mulville
>
> *Director of Research and Impact*
>
> *School of History, Archaeology and Religion,*
>
> *Cardiff University*
>
> Professor of Bioarchaeology and Guerilla Archaeologist

Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology
University of Sheffield
Minalloy House