Dear colleagues,

I am sending you the call for chapters for the Research Handbook on data protection that will be published by Edward Elgar, which I will be co-editing with Ronald Leenes.

Please also spread the word.

Kind regards,

Eleni Kosta

---------------------

Research handbook on EU data protection

Editors: Eleni Kosta, Ronald Leenes

Call for Chapters

Proposals Submission Deadline: 26 April 2020
Full Chapters Due: 29 November 2020

Reviews Due: 17 January 2021

Final submission Date: 19 March 2021

Target Audience

The book will be of interest to academics, students, legal scholars and post-graduate researchers. working in the areas of privacy, data protection, big data, Information Technology, EU and human rights law.

Objective

Aim of this book is to provide a scholarly, state-of-the-art overview of research and the scope of current thinking in the field of European data protection. Individual chapters shall present expert scholarly analysis and offer a vital reference point for advanced research. We welcome contributions on the following indicative topics:

Recommended Topics

Submission Procedure

Authors are invited to submit via https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=eudphandbook2021 by 26 April 2020, a chapter proposal of 1.000 to 1.500 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of their proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by 28 May 2020 about the status of their proposals and will be sent chapter guidelines.

Full chapters are expected to be about 10.000 words and be submitted by 29 November 2020.

All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project. Chapter reviews are due by 17 January 2021 and final chapters shall be submitted by 19 March 2021.

Publisher

This book is scheduled to be published by Edward Elgar, as part of their Hanbooks series (https://www.e-elgar.com/book-type/elgar-handbooks). For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit https://www.e-elgar.com/. This publication is anticipated to be released in late 2021.

---------

Prof. Dr. Eleni Kosta

Professor of Technology Law and Human Rights

Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT), Tilburg University

PO Box 90153, 5000 LE, Tilburg, The Netherlands

Tel: +31.13.466.4001/8199

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Webpage: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/staff/e-kosta

---------

**************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to <[log in to unmask]>: UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************